Los Angeles Clean Energy Coalition
LACEC is committed to advancing policies and programs to transition Los Angeles to 100% renewable energy for all transportation, port, government, and residential use by 2030. We believe the transition to clean energy should prioritize frontline communities who have historically endured the health and economic burden of fossil fuel energy consumption. We are conscious that investment in clean energy will lead to economic growth, and are dedicated to ensuring that this growth leads to just development and living wage jobs for our communities.
We envision a healthier and robust Los Angeles that supports sustainable and equitable communities, preserves community integrity, and significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
In fulfilling its mission and vision, LACEC embraces the following principles to guide this work:
- Equity is Non-Negotiable: Implementation of clean energy plans, policies and programs must prioritize and benefit frontline communities given Los Angeles' long documented history of disinvestment in these communities.
- Advance Realistic Policy Solutions: Policy solutions should be visionary and practical, advancing innovative ideas and best practices while being grounded and led by the communities directly affected.
- Prioritize Community Participation in Development/Implementation: Our coalition represents every corner of Los Angeles’ frontline communities. We have a shared value to make sure these communities have a seat at the table to have a voice in the planning, development, and implementation of clean energy plans.
- Commitment to Clean Energy: Our coalition agrees that clean energy – does not include fossil fuels, nuclear, nor natural gas. We would have to have serious conversations about large hydro. Geothermal is acceptable
- Communities for a Better Environment
- Earth Justice
- Environment California
- GRID Alternatives
- Los Angeles Business Council
- Pacoima Beautiful
- Sierra Club